Terms of Service:
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by ConsciousReporter.com, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website is available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old.
- Your Account and Site. If you create a profile on the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the account. You must not describe or assign keywords to your comments or profile in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others, and ConsciousReporter.com may change or remove any description or keyword that it considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause ConsciousReporter.com liability. You must immediately notify ConsciousReporter.com of any unauthorized uses of your account or any other breaches of security. ConsciousReporter.com will not be liable for any acts or omissions by You, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
- Responsibility of Contributors. If you operate an account, comment on a blog, post material to the Website, post links on the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, “Content”), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, video file or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not libelous or defamatory, is not pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- your blog is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
- your blog is not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company. For example, your blog’s URL or name is not the name of a person other than yourself or company other than your own; and
- you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by ConsciousReporter.com or otherwise.
By submitting Content to ConsciousReporter.com, you grant ConsciousReporter.com a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting the Content. If you delete Content, ConsciousReporter.com will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Website, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, ConsciousReporter.com has the right (though not the obligation) to, in ConsciousReporter.com’s sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in ConsciousReporter.com’s reasonable opinion, violates any ConsciousReporter.com policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in ConsciousReporter.com’s sole discretion.
- Responsibility of Website Visitors. ConsciousReporter.com has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, ConsciousReporter.com does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. ConsciousReporter.com disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
- Responsibility of anyone who posts or views comments on this website. Without limiting any other representations or warranties made elsewhere in this Agreement, by commenting on ConsciousReporter.com you agree that the content of any comments you post are your own, and by using this site you agree that all comments within ConsciousReporter.com are the responsibility of the commenter, not of ConsciousReporter.com or its administrators or blog contributors, and you agree to hold ConsciousReporter.com and all of its administrators and blog contributors harmless from any and all repercussions, damages, or liability arising from any comments on this site. Without limiting any other representations or warranties made elsewhere in this Agreement, by posting comments on Consciousreporter.com you agree to accept, abide by, and be bound by, the following terms and conditions on commenting:
- Comment Name – We do not allow Keywords stuffed in the name field. You must use your name or nick name for commenting. Comments using promotional keywords will be flagged as SPAM and deleted.
- Valid Email – Email addresses are required for commenting, and they are not published on the blog, nor shared. Email addresses that look like SPAM will be flagged as SPAM.
- Language and Manners – This is a “family friendly site” therefore any comment that includes offensive or inappropriate language, and/or is considered rude or insulting or abusive may be edited or deleted.
- Add Value – A comment which does not add to the conversation, or runs off on an inappropriate tangent, or hijacks the discussion, or is deemed to be deliberately provocative or to have be written by a troll, or kills the conversation may be edited, moved, or deleted. All SPAM comments will be deleted because they do not add value to the site.
- Limit Links – We love resources as they can be really helpful sometimes, but in order to prevent SPAM and assure quality, we must limit links on the comments. Do not add more than two links in the comment. If you do so, your comment may be added for further review. Comments that are promotional in nature and link toward another website/s may be removed. Comments that are signed at the end with a link to another website may be deemed SPAM and the link may be removed or the entire comment may be removed.
- No Personal Attack Comments Permitted – In the interest of fair play, no personal attacks are permitted in this blog’s comments. You must be respectful. You may question or discuss the content, but you may not attack, insult or demean the blogger, nor any other people commenting. Failure to respect fellow participants on this blog could result in removal and blocked access.
- All Rights Reserved – ConsciousReporter.com and its administrators and blog contributors reserve the right to edit, delete, move, or mark as spam any and all comments. We also have the right to block access to any one or group from commenting or from the entire blog.
- Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which ConsciousReporter.com links, and that link to ConsciousReporter.com. ConsciousReporter.com does not have any control over those non- ConsciousReporter.com websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non- ConsciousReporter.com website or webpage, ConsciousReporter.com does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. ConsciousReporter.com disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non- ConsciousReporter.com websites and webpages.
- Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As ConsciousReporter.com asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by ConsciousReporter.com violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify ConsciousReporter.com in accordance with ConsciousReporter.com Digital Millennium Copyright Agreement. ConsciousReporter.com will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. ConsciousReporter.com will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of ConsciousReporter.com or others. In the case of such termination, ConsciousReporter.com will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to ConsciousReporter.com.
- Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from ConsciousReporter.com to you any ConsciousReporter.com or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with ConsciousReporter.com. ConsciousReporter.com, the ConsciousReporter.com logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with ConsciousReporter.com, or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of ConsciousReporter.com or ConsciousReporter.com’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any ConsciousReporter.com or third-party trademarks.
- Changes. ConsciousReporter.com reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. ConsciousReporter.com may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website. Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Termination. ConsciousReporter.com may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your ConsciousReporter.com account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided “as is”. ConsciousReporter.com and its suppliers, licensors and blog contributors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither ConsciousReporter.com nor its suppliers, licensors or blog contributors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
- Limitation of Liability. In no event will ConsciousReporter.com, or its suppliers, licensors or blog contributors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to ConsciousReporter.com under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. ConsciousReporter.com shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless ConsciousReporter.com, its contractors, its blog contributors, administrators, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
- Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between ConsciousReporter.com and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of ConsciousReporter.com, or by the posting by ConsciousReporter.com of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of Iceland. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; ConsciousReporter.com may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.